Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Thanks Seafire! I’ve been happy with many other Speer bullets and was hoping someone would chime in with some positive news - I was beginning to wonder

Happy to help out....

I tend to use stuff that has worked for decades, instead of some of the new "greatest latest" bullets or powder....

sometimes I wonder If I am stuck on 1953 technology... but in 1953, I was 1 year old... so I hadn't quite started my hunting career yet...

I quit trying all the newest stuff, when I've seen results that didn't meet up with the broadcasted expectations by the manufacturers and others...

I got that bright idea of stuff that is proven and has worked for decades from Two women, overheard talking in a Forest Service Office that was an account of mine...

" So what is your husband getting you for Christmas??"

" Knowing him.... he'll be getting me a 400 Winchester Magnum, to replace the 300 Winchester magnum he got me for my birthday."

That was 25 years ago or more....

and yeah, Speer is behind the times.... they keep making old stuff until recently.. right up my alley...

I shoot a lot of Speer products.... they are cheaper than other companies stuff... yet they always worked for me....so why change?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez