Originally Posted by Switch
A few thoughts, I don't know what to believe and I sure as [bleep] don't believe Fauci or Biden. We were told that the vaccine would keep us from getting covid and would stop us from spreading it. WRONG! Then we were told iverivermectin didn't work and was even dangerous.WRONG! My wife was treated in Mexico with this drug and was 100% better within 24 hours BTY she was really sick.. Then we are told that if you are fully vaccinated chances of death and hospitalization would be less. Show me the proof. Maybe the the variants are becoming less deadly. Confused!

I think I know what to believe. There's conspiracy nonsense coming at us from both ways.

Yes, they did tell us that and it was flat ass wrong. I suspect that if COVID had not mutated, the claims regarding the effectiveness of the vax would have been fairly accurate. COVID today, only 2-ish years later, is not the same COVID that it was developed to treat.

Ivermectin does indeed work. And it can be dangerous. The only people I know of who were harmed either OD-ed because they apparently didn't read the [bleep] directions or they got a brand of Ivermectin which had other livestock medications mixed in with it. I would use it but I would RTFM carefully first.

My state health department (called Oregon Health Authority .. rather pretentious I think) sends out a daily newsletter with data about cases. Things have changed with Omicron, but in December, with Delta, the numbers worked out to about a 4:1 to 5:1 improvement in the odds of contracting COVID via being jabbed and boosted. I will tell you that a 36.5% breakthrough case rate does not track with the 95% efficiency the Pfizer and Moderna jabs were credited with so far as preventing infection. It is, however, still a useful improvement. The reduction in hospitalizations was less dramatic, probably closer to 25% improvement for the jabbed vs unjabbed if they got COVID and the fatality rate was even less improved .. but it was improved by 10-15%.

I'll ask a question so I can answer it. smile "Why the slide? Why the decrease in improvement as the symptoms get more serious?" The answer to that is underlying conditions. I think the more severe your underlying conditions are, the less the vaxes can improve your chances. The big ones primarily have to do with heart disease whether it is "just" heart disease or whether it is triggered by obesity, diabetes, or high blood pressure. The vaxes somewhat offset the impact of those so far a strain on the heart added by covid symptoms but if you are pretty close to the edge because of those things, it just doesn't take much to push you over.

I think this is also the reason that the homeless are not dying in droves from COVID. Homeless mostly don't have insurance and can't get treatment for heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc the way people with jobs and insurance can so mostly the homeless have already died from their untreated conditions, they didn't have medications holding them on this side of dying for COVID to overwhelm.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...