Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
The problem with anything IT, there is always a word or phrase that stops any interest cold. It seems no-one can write anything IT without including these roadblocks.

I have used them since their introduction, but have no understanding of them and nothing man made can glaze my eyes over faster than trying to read anything IT.
If you are not an IT person, there is nothing more incomprehensible than computers and their technology.
As a subject, I cannot like it, but recognize my hatred and total disrespect is equally or moreso directed at anything Windows.

The caveat is that I am not anti IT and love the technological advances and usage specially in medicine but as a basic consumer who does basic browsing and some word and excel, it is way too complicated and cannot hold my interest.

i've been in IT for 40 years and agree with you. computers/networking, etc takes a whole different level of understanding than almost anything else. i have tried to train older people who wouldn't know a pc from a hole in the ground and it is daunting to even get the basic concepts explained. i grew up with computers but i still remember my first training classes and saying to myself "WTF is this??"

My diploma is a DD214