Originally Posted by DigitalDan
. After being chastised by the OP for my azzholiness in suggesting a shotgun was better for home defense than a short barreled AR I figured I'd throw the discussion out for a thorough butt whippin'.

I'm of the opinion that self defense can be affected with most any gun, but some are better than others depending on circumstances. Are you in your home, alone or with family? Driving down the highway? Passing through a metroplex, or perhaps shopping somewhere.

When you think self defense, are you thinking "Kill 'em!" or perhaps disable them as a priority? Have you used a rifle, shotgun or handgun, or perhaps all of the preceding?
DD

A shotgun would be nice inside the house, and if I kept one it would be loaded with heavy shot #4 buck or the like, because in any self defense scenario the thought is to kill them. However, I just have a few handguns laying about through the house and carry one daily. Have found out through harsh experience "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with". Every scenario is different and always not what you think its gonna be. In answer to your last question. Handgun.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe