Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by CashisKing
If at all possible... a non-event will always trump an event.
I have taught many single moms how to cover the basics of fundamental HD...
If you are hearing forced entry troubles...
Grab a weapon (S/A .22 typically recommended)... chamber a round and deliberately discharge a round into the baseboard trim inside the house.
The woman has now alerted the person trying to gain entry into her home:
A) A person with a weapon is home and awake.
B) That person is capable of discharging a weapon.
C) Verify the person trying to enter is not their son or daughter sneaking back in after curfew ("Mom, don't shoot it's Johnny!)
This will deter/alleviate 90%+ of all situations.
If the perp is not dissuaded... I teach these women how to do a mag dump on a closing target and NEVER turn over a loaded weapon.

You went from a single action .22RF to teaching mag dumps. Explain to the class how you do mag dumps with a single action .22RF...................we'll wait for this edge of the seat excitement you will bestow on us.

Does a S/A .22RF stop a coked up 250lb thug or is this where the mug dump of a .22RF stops him dead in his tracks?

Teach us.

Really easy here. S/A is semi auto. That was so simple.

A mag dump to the head with a 22 should get someones attention pretty quick since a 22 to the head kills 500 pound pigs awful dead.

There's no way to tell what he meant by S/A, whether single action wheel gun or a semi-auto, after all, he's teaching someone to depend on a .22 for self-defense which is a joke itself, and now you're saying he meant semi-auto to match the mag he mentioned which makes it even worse, being the lady might buy crap .22 ammo to save money, and have to deal with a possible jammed gun in a self-defense situation.

I wonder, does he have them shooting rat shot too?

If a lady can't handle a small caliber handgun(.380, 9mm, 38 spl, etc), with all the options on the market we have today, then there's a problem.

Teaching to defend with a .22 is a joke, and tell us, you shoot for the head in a dark house aye?

That's rich.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)