All I know is when someone breaks into my house, and hey round a corner, if they get to see me before they die, they will probably hesitate a millisecond at least. trying to process why this guy has a pair of Peltor Comtacs on. Any unsuppressed firearm fired indoors is more noise than I want to hear un-mitigated. Those Comtacs allow me to hear better than unaided, wife and I can communicate in normal tones, and the gunfire is not a distraction. Depending on who is coming in and what happens, a 870 Police magnum full of 3” 4 buck, or an AR, either one backed up by a G17, will handle the business. If things get really crazy, an AR10 is ready to roll, and should handle pretty much anything. I am a light sleeper, I know how to make a secure door, and I have a GSD sleeping next to the bed. I should have the time to grab the Peltors off the nightstand and get them in place. Wifey know to get hers on first thing, too. Anyone else who didn’t think before they came incan deal with the noise, if they live long enough to hear it. I may get sued, but it won’t be by the perp...