Thanks for posting. I am the butt, however who always has a "but'. The 6.5 x 55 was a joint development of Sweden and (gasp) Norway. If some sources are to be believed, Norway had (the 6.5 Krag) some 250,000 rifles in the hands of it's soldiers before the Swedes even got started in production with the Mauser clone. A tiny insignificant point...but this is how history gets twisted, by repeating little errors To even call it the Swede is unfair, especially considering, at least the Norwegians tried to resist the Nazi's...while Sweden sat on it's collective asses while the world went to war against the monster. Before that the 6.5 Krag caused the Brits some headaches in the Boer War. Perhaps we can compromise and officially name it the 6.5 x 55 Neutrality, If you don't like Norwegians (I see on the 'fire, Norwegians taking a lot of heat for misbehaving at WalMart, Golden Corral and robbing liquor stores)

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.