Originally Posted by IMR4350
Thanks for the video. I really enjoyed it. About 30 years ago I purchased a M-96 made in 1917. All matching serial numbers and a mint bore for $130.00. They sure have gone up in price. It's a great shooter and I'm glad I've hung onto it especially after seeing that video.

I did not like the original military sights so I mounted a 2x pistol scope on the rear sight mount. Not exactly traditional but the set up works really well.

They sure have gone up in price. Mine was only $350 about 3 years ago. All matching numbers as well. I was going to buy it 4 years ago for my clubs military rifle shoots, but drug my feet for a year. My buddy gunsmith put my name on the rifle to hold it for me. I went back a year later and bought it. Felt kind of bad too because I figured he would have taken my name off the rifle, but he kept it in the shop for me. I bought the rifle on a Friday and bought 3 boxes of factory ammo, a RCBS die set. Shot up those 3 boxes of ammo that Friday, loaded up some ammo that night and shot the next day in competition. Knowing it shot 11 inches or so high at 100 yards, I had to hold low on the target. Still walked away winning the event with high score overall... Love that rifle, its a good one... When researching what rifle to buy to be competitive, most guys suggested the m96 Swedish mauser as top rifle to get. They weren't lying... No regrets ever for buying that piece of history. They damn sure don't make them like that anymore.... You guys that have shot them, know what they are all about. The video is also a great representation. Thanks for posting that. I just bought 400 more 140gr match burners yesterday. Good deal at Scheels ($29.99/box of 100). I'll be using some of those in the old M96 for sure.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA