Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Sorry to drive us into the weeds during a discussion of Swedish Mausers, fellas.

I haven't owned Swedish Mausers of any kind in 20 years. I owned a bunch but was mainly enthralled with the cartridge and the milsurps were a convenient vehicle for it. When I discovered the joys of commercial and custom rifles in that caliber 35 years ago I slowly weaned myself off of the milsurps. Nowadays my primary is a Ruger 1A 6.5x55. But this thread is stirring the old juices again. M38's and M94 carbines were always my favorites, so I'm off to Gunbroker to see what's out there!

A friend of mine told me she just bought a Tikka 6.5x55. All I can think is it is going to shoot incredibly well and she's one lucky girl!!! I love my m96, but a modern sporting rifle chambered in this cartridge sure would be slick. I don't want to say it would put a good whooping on a creedmoor, because that may offend some people. My friend also shoots a m96 just like mine in our military rifle shoots and she also has a short barreled Swede. The woman is starting to have a fine collection of 6.5x55's... Good luck with your search gnoahhh. I saw a m96 like mine yesterday, but I didn't even pick it up. Too enthralled with a M1A that was laying right next to it...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA