Haha. An M1A is mighty slick too, but I'll betcha the Swede would outshoot it! (Don't want to bet a lot because I may well be wrong if the M1A has been tuned by a magician! grin)

Probably the best Swede I let go of was a M41 sniper, with its scope. Snagged it for $125 as I recall, back around 1984 at a Baltimore gun show. A lot of money for one back then. The M94 carbine I had set me back $60 around the same time. I simply wasn't in a financial position to keep every neat toy, they had to eventually go to provide for newer neater toys. But I sure wish I had hung onto that M41 sniper. It would slop five rounds of late issue Swedish ball ammo into a group you could cover with a half dollar - at 200 yards. I would blush to tell you how small the 200 yard groups were with carefully concocted handloads.

Back then no American company was making 6.5x55 brass, most of my work was done with Norma stuff. I tried forming brass out of .30-06 brass and it worked, but left a major swelling of the case head after firing in a Swede chamber. Still, it kept them running, after a fashion, when dollars were tight now and then. (My other addiction was/is British sports cars. It's a wonder I survived on a diet of Campbell's soup and hot dogs - but I had some mighty neat rifles and MG's and Healeys!! Even with a good job all that stuff kept me in the poor house, and no wonder I went through two wives too!!)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty