Originally Posted by WoodsyAl
Yep, that Ramline stock wasn’t much. I did some work on it. I know I bedded the action, drilling several holes in strategic places so the bedding would adhere. I don’t remember for sure, but I likely opened the barrel channel too. In any event, it became a very accurate rifle. I enjoyed playing with it. It is now mainly used as a “camp gun,” that is deadly on Mississippi Whitetails.

I looked at my receipt from Ahlman’s. In 2000 they charged $40 for cutting and crowning the new surplus barrel, and fitting it with proper headspace. I was fortunate when I lived in Minnesota to be in easy driving distance of Jim Kobe, Redneck, and Ahlman’s!

I know where there is one of those old Kimber rifles, sitting in a gun rack at a small town gunshop hardware store. The guy wants too much money because it says Kimber on it. It has the stainless finish on it and Ramline stock. Looks like a nice rifle that hasn't been shot much. Probably pretty accurate. Has the military barrel on it, or what's left of it anyway. Kimber cut them down and recrowned the original barrels.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA