Originally Posted by Gristle
I’m going off of what I was told by a coworker who was in/around Rico when it happened. He has hunted in and around Teluride, Lizard Head for 25 years or so. One of the people in town with EMS or some search and rescue guy that he knows personally told him about what was going on.

I know, I know, it’s hearsay information but the guy I worked with is a straight up honest man. He gave me the story he was told and his acquaintance was one of the people who was in on the search. I haven’t read to much on the story myself until I saw where he was being charged back in January.

Why did it take 10 hours to find the guy if the shooter and his partner did not help lead rescuers to him?

That's a good question, I was curious about that myself. Could be the guy was so upset about shooting someone he wasn't thinking right and didn't mark the spot. It'd be hard to find a body in camo up there if you didn't know exactly where to look, lots of thick cover.

Anyway, thanks for the info, always good to hear an account from someone who was there. What you read in the papers is usually about 10% of the story.

A wise man is frequently humbled.