Originally Posted by sourdough44
Just skimmed though, yes I heard about this when it happened. I’d wonder, did the M-L hunter have a ‘bull only’ tag?

There are no either-sex tags for ML in that unit these days. There used to be, but the elk population is way down in the past few years.

Someone brought up the case in 2015 where the ML hunter from WI shot the teenage bowhunter on Grand Mesa. That guy pleaded guilty and told his lawyer not to ask for lenience. In other words, he made a mistake but took responsibility and owned it.

This guy pleaded not guilty and is trying to get evidence suppressed, including his own account of what happened. In other words, just the opposite. I can understand making a mistake in the heat of the moment with "buck fever" and all. But I can't understand trying to get out of it once you've had time to sit down and think about what you did. Plus, his hunting partner was right there and saw what happened. Not much doubt about what happened. The ML hunter pulled the trigger and the bowhunter Greg Gabrisch is dead, I don't see the point of arguing the details.

A wise man is frequently humbled.