[quote=gunner500]Pete, that's a great level of confidence in those 100gr bullets, do you think there's any way i would pancake or heavily squat the 100gr A frame enough to inhibit penetration running it into a wildebeests shoulder at say 50 yards should a close shot arise? part of my problem here is i've always been a heavy for caliber with low to medium to high velocity hunter, all African hunting so far has been with:

50 yards wildebeest shoulder shot with either a Nosler Partition 100gr. or a 100 gr. Swift A-Frame i bet it goes thru 1st shoulder and knocks it down too , i hope to go to Africa someday and try it. i have no ideal how well a Barnes bullet will do on animals i never have used Barnes bullets that much ? now with some respect and not a lot of knowledge on copper bullets but will these longer copper bullets have more friction , create more heat and cause higher pressure using a 257 Weatherby mag. with hot weather in Africa ? that would be my concern ? maybe someone like the famous Mule Deer could enlighten us ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman