On our Colorado Elk and Mule Deer hunts we have always tipped at least 10%, and as was said, more if they went above and beyond for us. We also tipped the cook at least $100 from the group for the 5 days of meals. Heck, we’ve even tipped the one guide’s young daughter for bringing us water and desert one meal. I’ve been on a really crappy spike camp horseback elk hunt, where the outfitter and guides couldn’t have given two $hit$ whether we seen an animal or not. In turn, their actions(or lack thereof), got them a bare minimum tip and not even a consideration for a future hunt. They even sent us each a $200 off certificate to book again, which we turned down. The last 3 elk hunts I’ve been on were awesome, with our groups tagging out at about 80%, and success rate around 95%. This outfit honestly cares how you do, and it shows in everything they say and do. We tip them quite well, above the “going rate” because they earn it and they flat out just deserve it. Use your own feelings and judgement, but remember if you just really enjoyed a fun and successful hunt, and plan to use them again for another future hunt…it’s better to overtip a bit, and keep the good vibes going. Just my 2 cents.

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!