Originally Posted by JackRyan
Originally Posted by wytex
Some of the bigger outfits may expect more than say the smaller rancher types but I would say 10% or so.
Most guides really appreciate anything you give them, they do not expect every hunter to be able to afford a huge tip.
Get to know your guide, work with him or her and relay any issue you may have about your ability in the mountains and do what they tell you while hunting.
You'll be able to determine what they were worth. If they're lazing and do really nothing to get you on an elk, tip should reflect that.

Don't forget the cook, a tip would be most appreciated if food is good. Even $100 is appreciated.

When I buy what I want to eat I just go to a grocery store. I don't see any point to these Bwana faux hunts.

IF you just want some guy to point to it, hold the gun for you to pull the trigger I'd just take a side of beef and hang it on the fence. Get a lot more and better meat for your money.

You obviously know nothing about guided or outfitted hunts.
The meat is way better than any hormone fed beef you bought in the store but if that's what you like , enjoy.