Originally Posted by ERK
Opinions are often based on what you know. I rebuilt a lot of Qjets and other carbs when I was turning wrenches. The Qjet is my favorite.
Loco above has been into them as well by the explanation of the well jets. Spot on. Edk
After most of a driving lifetime of Chevs/GMCs of one sort or another, I feel the same. A Qjet can seem complicated when you first open one, plus the sandwich aspect, and there are a few tricky maneuvers here and there (getting that top back on with the tubes and accel pump plus the choke operating rod, for example) but a little experience with them gives rewards. Not messing up the various operating linkages for openers is a big plus, and following good procedural steps as well. I did prefer the hollow metal floats over the synthetic version. Bushing any leaking shafts is the biggest chore. But, good results last a long time.

I have dealt with Holleys on some - and my 67 Corvette 327/350 came with one from the factory with a correct/good manifold - and that match up is a key factor with the Holleys. You can get some strong performance when all is right - but - I lived mostly in a HOT climate and warping of those metering blocks was a BIG pain. And, the dual bowl floats can be finicky. In my case, not nearly as dependable as the Qjets.

Of course, YMMV.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron