Originally Posted by mirage243
Q Jet's aren't junk, it's just most of the people that work on them that are junk.

Lol... Last one i did for a customer was a Pontiac SD-455 unit... A rare carb worth several K in Pontiac circles... Customer said it had just been rebuilt (but didn't run well) by his local "expert"... A former Mickey Thompson employee no less... The carb had a badly warped air horn (that's the top of the carb) from some Gorilla reefing it down to the manifold... Which the expert tried to fix by using epoxy with the gasket, lol... I spent hrs carefully scraping that schit off... And then used an arbor press to straighten the top... After replacing the bent metering rods (which along with the jets were incorrect anyway)... Then driving a 90 mile round trip to rummage thru a friends carb pile to find the correct screws & hardware that the expert lost, And are unique to an early style Pontiac Q-Jet... Then cleaning, recoloring, replating & assembly with a Cliff Ruggles kit, We had a carb worthy of a concours restoration... This carb was worth the effort, time & expense... But the monkey schit from the previous "experts" makes me reluctant to take on new customers...