Originally Posted by ldg397
In the picture I had to get it just right to show up and it looks worse in the picture. In real life it looks almost identical to the scratch on the side. I will take off butt plate tonight and take a look.

I got it for $900 cash not great but not bad figured it was worth the risk. It really is beautiful otherwise

If it's just a scratch, you did fair in the deal. The nice thing about your rifle is it's all original. That is a huge plus. I'm hoping that is just a scratch and not a crack. One thing I can comment on is it looks like it may have been packed around by a kid or someone that didn't care too much about smacking it around through the brush, but not shot a lot. There's not a lot of carry signs though: Wear on the floor plate and surrounding area of stock. They took care of the metal though, so that is important. How's the crown? I'll bet is shoots lights out if the crown isn't dinged up. Do you have any 165 Hornady SP interlocks to try in it? All of my 30-06 rifles love that bullet.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA