Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Ah, I see. I don't have the specs on the 37. If it is not the thickness I said in an earlier post, I would not use it. It would be incorrect. A simple ring alignment tool would verify instantly. Again, people should not be putting on scope mounts and rings if they don not know how to PROPERLY do so. This stuff is definitely not rocket surgery. Especially scope mounting.

I've seen in more than one place where people don't grasp that having two bases putting the scope rings at different heights is not the same thing as having an inclined one piece base.

Yeah, that is not good. Always use scope mount charts and then double check with your ring alignment tools. Don't just use the sharp points either! An out of alignment issue can be seen when you use the square ends. Like I said earlier, the chart does not list the #37. I still have not gone out in the shop to see if I have some. I probably do, if they make them. Weird why the chart does not list that one???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA