Well took the butt plate off and went both directions of scratch or crack and now back to not sure. Keep in mind I can’t much with the naked eye just trying to take good pictures and blow them up to determine.

Took good picture before removing butt plate. Convinced not a crack based on this photo. Uniform, doesn’t taper off or follow grain.

Pic 1

Took off but plate! Oh crap it is a crack! Further inspection line doesn’t continue to side edge of stock and seems to continue to top of stock in a fairly straight line. So now not sure. I will say it is undetectable with a fingernail but can be detected with a sharp blade.

Pic 2

Final photo there is no evidence of the two connecting to each other and would think crack would extend to weakest portion at screw hole if dropped? So now thinking I am right where I started as not sure.

Pic 3

However I think I am confident in saying it doesn’t seem to be a structural issue or weak point so I should just leave it alone and do nothing and enjoy it. Something my wife or daughter can debate with someone after I am gone.