I have two tents for hunting, the first is is a Springbar, 100% USA made canvas tent, I hunt solo a lot of times so it's only 10x10, easy to set up, outstanding quality, it's canvas so you don't get the sweating you do with nylon tens, it's quite warm. The second is a 5 man squad tent, it's a five sided insulated tent with stove jack, this tent does not have a floor, I usually use straw to cover the floor, when I hunt with my son-in-law there is a lumber yard nearby and we get a load of sawdust for the floor. it's a very warm tent, it's 13 ft in diameter and is easily set up by one man with only a center pole, it's a military tent so no frills, no windows, one door, but it's insulated and very easy to keep warm and actually quite light for it's size. Kodiak makes a good knock off of the Springbar but I prefer my gear to say made in USA, not by some freedom hating commie bastard. We spend a full day setting up, cutting wood, hauling water, if done right it's a great experience and in my opinion, the best way to hunt. As for light, I prefer the old Coleman gas lanterns, they are much better than any propane lantern, they'll burn all night on a tank of fuel and can be used with white gas or regular gasoline and will last for years, my lanterns range in age for 1952-1974, for cooking I use the Coleman sportsman 502, small and reliable. If I had to have only one tent for hunting it would be the 5 man squad tent, the only down side is not having a floor, but then there is no floor to rip but it requires clearing the ground before setting up.
These can be found on military surplus sights for $6-900 make sure you get an insulated one, you won't be sorry, I have been doing this for over 30 years and have it down to a science as far as set up and minimal gear to have a great experience. And find a good container for your tent and remember canvas tents have 3 enemies, mildew, ants, and mice NEVER NEVER EVER store it damp. The squad tent is really nice if it gets wet, as soon as I get home I just hook a rope in the center of the roof where the pole comes out, hang it in my garage and it dries in no time. Any questions feel free to ask

Last edited by Royalwulff; 04/16/22. Reason: Forgot a