Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by RL
[COVID has cost me over $500K in lost income and I'm paying the same high prices that you are. I think that JRB, Jr., has made a lot of bad decisions, but he has been doing what his supporters wanted. They wanted open borders, debt forgiven, fossil fuel production cut back, etc. I think that we should have tightly controlled, closed, borders, that student debt shouldn't be forgiven, and we should make as much fossil fuel as we need domestically and to supply our allies need, so that none of us are dependent on Russian or Middle Eastern oil. The Earth might be in danger, but the Chinese and Indians create more pollution than the U.S. and EU do and unless there is some way to address the problem across the board, there isn't any reason for Americans to bear a great share of the burden. Going green can't happen over a short period of time, regardless of how bad fossil fuels are for the environment.

Ok - we pretty much agree on what your convictions are but the problem is, per your post, you didn't stand up for those convictions. You want all those things but didn't take the time to vote.

Again, it's your right but please don't tell me about lost income, open borders, etc if you are not going to do what you can to make a difference. Voting might not be much - and today it is even more suspect - but it is what we have as of now.

I voted for other candidates in other races in 2022, but I didn't vote for POTUS because I didn't believe that either was worthy of holding the office. If I had thought that one of them would have been less bad, I would have voted for that candidate, but I saw them both as being equally weak. Weak in different ways, but weak never the less.

Nebraska is a strong Republican state outside of Lincoln, Omaha, and the Native American Reservation, so I know that my protest didn't hurt DJT and didn't help JRB, Jr.

If you didnt vote for Trump, you voted for Biden. Congratulations on fugking the rest of us that were smart enough to understand such a simple concept. If you felt the need to “protest” against a second trump term after the job he did the first term you’re a complete idiot. Guessing you’re retired on SS?

Last edited by jackmountain; 04/28/22.