My old man was abusive but not as bad as his dad, so to him he apparently didn't think he was at all but he'd beat the hell out of us over dumb [bleep], some deserved but nowhere needing what he'd dish out. I remember my mom telling me to get a shower but I was watching a movie that was on the television. I apparently ignored her so my dad told me to get in the damn shower. Apparently he thought I gave him the stink eye because he beat the hell out of me and would absolutely lose his mind after he started. It's like he started having flashbacks of his whippings from his old man and he'd lose it further until mom would pull him off. I remember a time that my older brother was about 8 and my dad had given him a "Hooker Header" sticker that must have come with something that he bought but my brother had done something to get grounded so he thought he'd give the sticker back to my dad to hurt his feelings or something (8 year old logic I guess.) The old man beat the absolute [bleep] out of him for that based on principle. I look back and think of how [bleep] petulant you'd have to be as a grown man to do that kind of [bleep] to your kids and promise to not be the same to mine. In a way I feel sorry for him.