Between my older brother and I we aggravated Dad daily Im sure. Considering his military experiences he was always surprisingly even tempered and slow to get actually mad. We learned early on that when he was pushed to the point that an "F-bomb" was dropped it was time to stop whatever you were doing to anger him and slink away for awhile. While not easily angered he didnt hesitate to snatch one of us up usually for being disrespectful to Mom.

He did completely beat the hell out of one of my sisters ex boyfriends who made the mistake of physically trying to push Mom out of the doorway when she was blocking the doorway and said he couldnt come in. Dad leaped out of the recliner, cleared the living room in like 2 bounds, tackled the fool out the doorway and off the front porch and was straddling him on the ground just pummeling away with punches till I managed to pulled him off. Dudes face was all battered up and he threatened to come back with a gun. Dad said go ahead, but I guarantee you the boys and I have you outgunned and we know how to use them! That was the last time we ever saw that clown!