Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Go to the pawnshops in your area. You should be able to find one crf new haven for about 6 bills with a scope of some kind.
I made it a mission to go out and prove you wrong. Just picked up a 5 digit classic with scope for $500. Put it on the same 4473, since I was picking up my other rifle today at that shop. No wasted gas or time that way. laugh whistle

You suck whistle

Ha ha.. Yeah, this one has me stumped. Someone loved it big time. I don't know if I've ever seen as much wear on a classic bolt handle. The knob is almost chrome from use.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yet, the bolt face doesn't show a ton of use:

The action is very smooth. Almost like someone polished it out because that bolt runs pretty smoothly. Maybe they just sat on the couch running the bolt for fun??? The bluing is a little thin and it appears to have been hunted religiously. Like I said, someone really liked the rifle. My inclination is it's going to shoot 1" 3 shot groups with loads it likes.. I was cleaning the XTR up after I got home and haven't touched this one much. That damn XTR trigger pull was an honest 7 pounds on my RCBS trigger pull gauge. It is 2 3/8 pounds now and feels pretty damn good. Bedding is lacking, like all factory Winchester model 70's, from any era. If I shoot it any, it is going to get properly glass bedded. Same goes for the 7mm rem mag. Typical:
This is why we glass bed our model 70's^^^^^^^ Look at the wear on the tang. That thing was skating around in the stock big time. Those that don't think that affects accuracy, don't know much..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA