Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Go to the pawnshops in your area. You should be able to find one crf new haven for about 6 bills with a scope of some kind.

Yea Ok.

Eight bills seems to be the low end for a used CRF without a scope, There are 2 264's ,7mag, 300 win mag and 300 weatherby mag available. These are all blued.

That sounds about right. Even more most times. It is very rare, these days, that a gunshop is not linked to gunbroker somehow. Either they sell there or they keep a close eye on what they are priced at there. This really starts to screw things up. I've noticed more and more shops like this. The recent shop I was at ,where I scored on 2 winchester model 70's (one a nice 7mm rem mag classic), they obviously were not keeping an eye on prices. There are still mom and pop shops out there that are that way, but getting fewer and further between. Even 5 years ago, it was easier to get a good deal. The reason I posted the link, or 2, of the 338wm classic sporter is because that was a pretty good deal at $800.00. I wouldn't expect guys to go much lower when selling one. And yes, I'd prefer that over any 300wm out there. Sounds like the OP found a nice 270 though, which is good. The 270 is a very capable cartridge. Not my favorite, but still very capable..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA