Originally Posted by beretzs
Those are two good shooting rifles John..

I have a Classic 7-08 that is complete dogshcitt with 130 Speer Flat Base Hot Cor's, thought the gun was bent. Didn't change a darn thing but switched to a 130 Speer BTSP and it was drilling knot holes. Even funnier is it shot the flat base 132 Bitterroots into the same group, so there is never any accounting what a rifle will ever do in my opinion.

Good post. That is the truth right there^^^^ We like to bust balls on accuracy and precision and chidt like that. 79s and I go back and forth and for the guys that don't know us, they probably think we are enemies. A perfect example of this is the 300wby I shot yesterday. Yeah, I shot a few different 3 shot groups that measure 1.5" roughly. The 400 yard group was a little over 1 moa. Some may scoff at that, but to me I see potential and was quite happy with the results. Its shooting equilateral triangles. Meaning that its fundamentally solid and capable of achieving much better results. Just got to find the right combination of bullet and powder and a past recoil puzzy pad next time!!!! ha ha.. The same can be said for my new Tikka 204. I was shooting in the wind yesterday and it was getting dimmer and dimmer, as I left the range about 8:20 lastnight. I wanted to shoot that rifle at 400 yards as well, so I was rushing things. Had to test out my new spotter too. That fn thing is incredible. Could easily see 20 cal holes in the paper at 400 yards, even in low light conditions. Anyway, speaking of equilateral triangle:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Not great by any stretch of the imagination, but that was factory ammo.. On a calm day and using hand loads, I expect to cut that group size in half or better..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA