Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by rusty75
Not a hand loader. What is best factory elk/mule deer load in 270 win?

Man, I'd definitely take a gander at the Federal Premium 150 PT's or anything with the 130 TTSX..

Federal premium stuff is always good. As were the light magnum loads and "high energy" stuff. One of my buddies has been also using the Hornady precision hunter and having good success with it. He's not a handloader either. For practice I'd look at the Federal blue box or good ol Remington core lokt ammo. One of my 270's really loved that schidt:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Sighted in high for MPBR..^^^

I had a 7 mag that would shoot 175gr Core Lokt like that. I gave the rifle to a buddy when he talked about his ol Remington jammo matic. I said here man you can have it and shoot these out of it.

It's kinda funny, I am moving and have packed away all of my loading gear. I have kinda decided to pick up a regular rifle that shoots plain old factory ammo that is available, mount a scope, buy a few different types of ammo with bullets I'd be happy to hunt with, shoot it, then buy a case of the stuff of the best shooting stuff and leave my gear packed up. Too much time getting sucked up by other stuff more important to spend my time on right now, so I am trying to cheat a little this year grin

Last edited by beretzs; 06/07/22.

Semper Fi