One of the recent CRF model 70 7mm rem mags went to the range today. Took some of these silver bullets out to try out in this one. Shot some the other day through the stainless BOSS and they did very well:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Did some stock swapping with the Tikka's. Pulled the b&c off of the 204 and put it on my new 1 in 8 twist 22-250. I like the 22-250 better. I also pulled the bolt handle off the 204 and swapped them, along with the mountain tactical bottom metal and rail and scope. ha ha.. Anyway, the 77's shot pretty good:

Not bad for a first day and first load development for the new girl. She doesn't appear to be finicky at all. I will stretch her legs out to 400 when the wind is not blowing so hard. I only worked on some loads at 100 today with this one, but took the 7mm Rem mag classic out to the 400 yard range. The wind started picking up too much though and called it at the 300. After shooting the yote a few times and getting a 6" group on steel, I knew the wind was not cooperating or making it any easier. Anyone else buy any Winchester model 70's over the weekend? I damned near bought a 243 XTR featherweight. Although not a CRF classic, it is a damn beauty. Its one I think I'm going to be kicking myself in the azz, down the road, for not buying it!! I also ran across a very nice BACO that had been rebarreled with a heavy 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. I have a feeling that rifle is a tack driver. It was only $700.00, which seemed damned reasonable. Again, not a "classic", but a very nice rifle. That rifle i could see myself putting a NF scope on it and taking it to some of the matches i shoot. It would be a sleeper from hell. Of course after I treat it with a proper bedding job and ernie spring... I did see a classic in a custom stock at Cabela's in Reno. Nice rifle, chambered in 280 remington. They wanted quite a bit for it though: $1,100.00...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA