Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Slecken
I am looking to get a new scope for my Remington 700 KS in 280 rem. Mostly hunt deer and hogs but will be taking the occasional trip for elk and moose. Shots no more than 400-500yards. What do you all recommend? Thanks.

Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x50 with the #93 reticle. Thank me later. smile

https://redhawkrifles.com/used-zeiss-conquest-v4-4-16x50-rifle-scope/

Having had and used many scopes mentioned in this thread, the new Zeiss Conquest rifle scopes really intrigue me. However, the price tag is a little steep. At "$800" for a used rifle scope, that is pushing it. When I think "all around" rifle scope for any new rifle I get, I tend to always go back to one in particular. The Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle. That scope works very well, I just wish I had more on hand. Needing a good scope for 1 new/used rifle I just bought, so it looks like I'll spend the measly less than $150.00 for a good all around scope for that new rifle. It doesn't happen often that you find something that works so well and doesn't break the bank, but the Burris does it.. I prefer the looks of the older American made FFII's, but the newer ones work well and seem to have good coatings on the glass and are pretty clear. I'll eventually try one of these new Zeiss rifle scopes because I know the quality of the glass is exceptional, but the price point keeps me away, when considering a scope for a run of the mill hunting rifle.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA