I have a half dozen of those in 300 Savage, I find them to have a rather nasty kick due to poor stock design and the reciprocating barrel. This has been a complaint with the design since the first one rolled out of the shop.

To help cut down the recoil and help with wear and tear on the parts, I load them with 150 gr bullets and generally IMR 4064 powder. I picked 4064 mainly because I have a lot of it and it fills the case pretty well. I am happy with velocity a bit above 2500 fps. Varget is another I like a lot but it runs best at higher velocities than I wish. I use Varget in my Rem 700 and 760 as they are much stronger actions. Winchester 748 is another I've used but prefer it in the 223 as it doesn't bridge in the case neck.

The next batch I load up might incorporate 130 gr Barnes bullets to further ease recoil. i have 100 of them at the moment which would get me started in load development and a couple years of hunting.

Between the 8 and the 81 I have nearly two dozen of these rifles. They are fun to shoot and still do a job on game. One of these in 35 Rem is what I carry as a follow up gun for black bear hunting.