Originally Posted by zcm82
Yeah, my Mom grew up in a house that didn't have electricity or running water. At the time that was fairly commonplace around here for people who didn't live in town.

As much as I wax nostalgic for the "old days" I think I'd take a hard pass on ever wanting to live in them, too.
Originally Posted by zcm82
Yeah, my Mom grew up in a house that didn't have electricity or running water. At the time that was fairly commonplace around here for people who didn't live in town.

As much as I wax nostalgic for the "old days" I think I'd take a hard pass on ever wanting to live in them, too.
My Dad used to tell me how they had the first flushing toilet in the neighborhood. Years later he took me by the “Ranch”. He pointed out what was left of the stone spring house where they kept butter, milk, anything that needed to be kept cool. Then the foundation of the house that burnt down. He found two melted silver dollars that still had dates on them. Then he pointed and said, “that’s where the outhouse was”. I said, “you said you had a flushing toilet?” He said, “we did, it was in the outhouse.”

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin