bruinruin;
Morning sir, I hope this finds you well.

Thanks for the reply and the Appy story, it does sound very familiar to me for sure!

We first picked up Carly the Appy for my wife, but they never really got along that well somehow.

Early on when we were out together Carly was being a knot head jigging along wanting to run. Being "that guy" at that point in my life I said to my wife that we'd swap horses and I'd take the run out of the Appy...

Well....

As mentioned I'd been on what I'd thought were fast horses before, so when I kicked Carly into overdrive on the side of the rural paved road we live on, we began to pass things faster than I'd thought possible on horseback. Presently the thought came over me of the stupidity of what I was doing and I began to haul her down. It was similar to what you mentioned, certainly not a smooth or sudden stop with Carly Gal.

When she finally stopped, I noticed my legs were shaking and my heart was racing, so I nicely got off and walked her the rest of the way home as I felt that was the most prudent course - you know, all things considered. blush

I'm a short fellow, but you can sort of see how leggy she is in this photo, but even that doesn't show how fast she really was. cool laugh

[Linked Image]

Thanks again for the reply and thanks especially for bringing up some grand memories of long ago.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"