Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
WGAF if commiefornia dries up and blows away? There's somrething about the thought of the Los Angeles area looking like the Salton Sea that gives me the warm fuzzies. I stopped just west of the state line on my trip eastbound back to Tennessee in 1980 and did my part to help the desert bloom.

When it dries up, where will 2/3 of the population move to?

TN???
Back to Mexico?

Perhaps the commies in Cali will figure out Trump's wall was not such a bad idea after all.

Seriously, This is what happens when you artificially alter a region to make it attractive for growth. Lots of .gov officials and developers make $trillions. Then the water runs out and the little guys are left holding the bag, just like any Ponzi scheme.

You can not steal water from the Columbia or the Mississippi, because in either case it would destroy the estuary. And also, it would give California standing to sue for water rights.

All the sudden, Boise Id (name any city on either river system) has to prohibit growth because growth in Boise will negatively impact water flow at the mouth of the Columbia and Cali will not get the water they are now demanding.

This is really nothing new. Cali has been trying to devise a way to steal water from the PNW for at least fifty years that I am aware of.

They should have closed and locked the gates on Cali fifty years ago. But the big boys have been making a ton of money from the growth. Now much water does Silicone Valley use? But hell, who cares, computer chip factories make lots of money.

Sure they could build desalination plants to cover the shortfall. But they do not have the power to run the cities now. Where will they get the energy to run pumps to drive reverse osmosis plants?

And where pray tell will they dump the salt enriched waste. The EPA will have a field day with that.

I think California's glory days are behind her.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.