Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by KFWA
they say it will be at deadpool stage in less than 8 years at this rate

I understand people have varied levels of sympathy for western water tables and water rights, but that is the bread basket of this country.

I am surprised congress hasn't proposed a water pipeline, say from the mouth of the Mississippi thru a series of lakes with giant pumping stations in an attempt to maintain levels. Maybe that is pie in the sky and the cost would be outrageous, but we do it with oil pipelines.

I see all that flood water in the spring along the Mississippi and wonder why we don't try to capture it in some way.
Reckon it would be possible to transfer Great Lakes water over the divide? There is a fairly low elevation pass up around the area of West Yellowstone. Surely if we can spend trillions on the crap we already do we could move lake water in huge aqueducts.

my way of thinking - and admittedly it could be very wrong is, if the water in the Mississippi - down at the delta before it flows into the ocean - hell, its lost water at that point anyways right? capture it there and pump it into Lake Charles and just keep going west.

I wouldn't want to pump water from the great lakes or wherever but river water running out into the ocean, have at it.

I mean we give 40billion to Ukraine, I'd rather see a rancher or farmer get water to feed this nation with that money

They have been trying to get a project done called the Garrison Diversion since the 1970s. It would pump water from central North Dakota to Eastern North Dakota.

This project is all within one state and can’t be completed, trying to cross what 5-7 states at a minimum. Good luck.

The other thing is that you would be digging 1500+ miles of a river, underground pipes aren’t gonna cut it. How do you approach Mr Landowner all the way along the chosen route and tell him his ram is now going to be at the bottom of a 1/4 to 1/2 mile wide river?