First off, my “gotta go” gun is a Colt 6720 with an Aimpoint H2 in an ADM mount and a Trijicon Accupower 1-4 in an ADM mount that I switch back and forth depending on what I’m gonna do. It also has a TLR-1 HL light mounted at 12:00 if that matters. I turned it on when I bought it and found setting 8 is good to go without washing out under the light. No it won’t get 50,000 hours on a battery but it’ll be two years this August and I’ll change it on my birthday. I get it.

I also have guns like 10/22’s and range AR’s that I don’t want to spend another $700 to stick a red dot on. After using several Holosuns and Sig’s, I’m comfortable with them. I leave the single dot on all the time on my Sig and it goes to sleep when not needed conserving battery life. The solar panel is just for looks, if I understand correctly, it doesn’t switch over automatically but can be turned on if the battery gets too low. It’s a gimmick. But for $120 they work just fine blasting plates and running drills. If I wanna hunt, I’ll stick a scope on one and make the best of it. If I need to grab a gun in the middle of the night, it’ll have an Aimpoint on it.

I also have two Holosun 507c’s one on a S&W 686 that has been on for a couple of years. The other is on a G19 MOS that I’m not ready to carry yet. I need more rounds with it so it’s on a proving pistol sort of. I could’ve bought another RMR or the new ACRO but I’m not convinced this is the way I want to go. That’s my idea of what the Holosuns and Sig’s are for.