Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I was at the range with a buddy yesterday and he was using a new Holosun on his "work" rifle. He had to make sure it was dialed in for SWAT testing. I was pretty impressed with it as he was hitting a 2 moa orange dot with it consistently. Laying down consistent 1 1/2" 3 shot groups at 100. He had to replace a Vortex red dot that gave up the ghost the other day. A lot of his buddies use the Holosun, so it came highly recommended to him. He said he's used to using eotechs and Aimpoints when he was a contractor, but likes this Holosun with the solar panel on it. I guess battery life is phenomenal. Wondering how durable they are though? What have been your guys' experience.
I have a Holosun HS503GU. Has the "shake awake" feature, so the battery has lasted over 2 years.
I don't play GiJoe wannabe, but it has held up fine to the normal banging around and rain.
The mount bolts are soft, so I had to tighten to less than 15"/lbs and use LocTite Blue - but they hold just fine.
The sight has parallax error despite what the manufacturer claims, but it isn't a big deal as I can ring 8" steel gongs at 200m without much fanfare.
I've used it on a turkey shotgun and I'm going to try it on my 45-70 Guide Gun next - the hardest recoiling rifle I own.
My model has been out of production for a couple years - I don't regret my purchase.
Holosun makes a couple other brands including the Sig Romeo.