Originally Posted by ldholton
I've got a 510c on a tactile shotgun . It's held up so far . If I don't use it for a period of time ( 3 months? ) And keep it stored in a dark corner like just inside a closet I have discovered the reticle will not be lit up. Leave it out in the light for a short time and it will come right on. I know not the best plan being in the dark corner if you haven't intruder but it is what it is so what tells me I solar panel seems to work.
Only let that happen once and try to get it now in the light for a period of time for at least every couple weeks.

I read stuff like this a lot and I have to ask.

Why? Why do you turn the optic off or leave it on shake n' bake or WTF option it's called? The battery is going to last a minimum of two years with the dot turned on. That means that even if you skip a birthday it can be left on and in all likelihood, you can skip two more and it will still work just fine.

If it can't, it probably shouldn't be attached to your tactile shotgun.

About a month back I went to an Active Shooter call. As I was walking back to my rig (nothing happened, it was a pack of Black Cats or some schit) I watched a guy turn the Aimpoint on his (spotless) AR to the off position. I couldn't help but laugh and asked him why he's doing that. He just shrugged. I asked him what the battery life on his Aimpoint was and he had no idea. I'm not sure why folks are affixing these things to weapons when they don't understand any of their capabilities but I'd sure like to see it end in the next decade or so.

It's one thing to rack a round or make ready in a hurry, it's quite another to push buttons and play with up/down arrows in prep for shooting something that broke into your house and wants to rape you and your dog.

Something to think about.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house