Originally Posted by ldholton
Didn't realize that when having the same sight being discussed on a different type of weapon was an issue.
It is an auto mode but only one time is it acted funky and I think it's cuz it is in the dark for too long and the battery is down weak or bad whatever you want to say. Now that said that might be a drawback to your solar back up because you might not know your battery is dead until it's stored in the dark for a long period of time? Let it charges up enough to turn the reticle on within just a few minutes. So unless grabbed and used immediately someone might not know this I might get it out take it to the range get it back out of a case that sits around for a few minutes you know the drill.

Set your 510C to auto and aim into a dark room, closet, etc. You will see the dot/reticle. Now aim it out through a window while the sun is shining. It will disappear.

After that, take your 510C outside and look through the optic. You will see the dot/reticle because the solar panel is gathering ambient light to boost the juice to your dot/reticle. It is not recharging your C2032 battery. It is supplementing power via sunlight.

Contrast that with something like a Trijicon SRO (twice the price). It doesn't matter where you are. The dot will auto configure. If it's pitch black, it will be dim. If it's a bright sun shiny day, it will be bright so the user can see it.

Suffice to say the "auto" setting on your 510C is anything but. That doesn't mean the optic is of no use, but it is something a person needs to look at and consider when purchasing. And people that use these type of optics would be wise to turn it on to a setting they can see in all types of conditions and start testing the battery life today. Because they are not going through the testing standards of a Trijicon or AimPoint.

Not even close.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house