Had a Silverado. It was a 6.2L Towmax. Biggest piece of garbage I've ever owned. Sure, had nice features and it was powerful, but none of those things matter much if it breaks down more than its on the road.

I went through ball joints on mine like crazy and the parts were asinine. I ended up buying an after-market lift kit for it that had cheaper ball joints. It went from $800+ a set to $200. The steering rack went out three times while I owned it. That also wasn't cheap. AC, bearings, blower motor, so on and so forth. Then the engine started to sludge. Then finally, the transmission went out. While I liked the truck itself, I spent about all I could in repairs on the POS when it had a mere 130,000 miles on it.

I bought a new Tacoma. So far it gets better mileage, its more nimble, but performance isn't like the Silverado. That's ok, I don't need to hot rod it or cruise around with "luxury". That's the problem with these trucks these days, they want to turn them into a car and put so much electronics on them that they are unusable.

I wouldn't buy anything GM these days.