I have had a Labradar now for about 2+ years. There are days when i want to throw it down range and shoot it and then there are days it never misses a shot. There is no apparent reason when it misses shots and i cannot explain it. No matter what the device i want consistent performance day in and day out. I do know mine is very fussy about where you place the radar in relation to the barrel. If i am not running a brake the barrel's muzzle is usually placed even with the edge of the device and about 1" away, usually this gives the best readings. If i am running a brake then the unit is placed ahead of the muzzle but still about 1" off the line of the barrel. I used mine this morning and it recorded every shot, i used it last week and it almost refused to read any shot. I changed its location in relation to the barrel several times and it still would not record.
Thats my experience with the Labradar. The one thing i do like about it versus the shoot through units is it gives true muzzle velocity.
Bill