Originally Posted by TwoCup
I absolutely love mine! Had it 2 years. I have it mounted behind a sliding door on the wall of my shooting shack. It gave me fits at first, but I purchased the optional air gun mic and clip it to the window near the muzzle of whatever I'm shooting. That eliminated the triggering problems I was having. Also bought a mount online to install an inexpensive red dot sight on top for more precise aiming alignment. So far, it's tracked every bullet from my 17 Hornet. I have a lot more load development work to do with the 17 Hornet and will post with my results. I like the ability to export the data in Excel format for storage on my laptop. Make sure you get a USB power pack (~$10) to operate it with as it's a battery hog. Use batteries for emergencies only.

Hope this mirrors my experience down the road. As I just ordered a sighting system and an external trigger. which points to the issue of more expensive due to the additional accessories required to achieve anything close to consistent results. So I want this to work though thus far results have been inconsistent at best.

I have went to a ball mount attached to a sheet of plywood, clamped to a shooting bench. this has bade the unit more convenient for me. like mentioned earlier my success has been spotty at best with 6mm & 6.5 mm projectiles flying at 2500 to 3400 fps thus far. I had thought my issue was primarily due to the sighting means being less than. Research was pointing to the advantages of the external trigger & I hope this proves true.

I am really encouraged that you are picking up 17 cal projectiles at all. May I enquire if these are flat base or boat tail offering?

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19