I had two Pacts over the years and when the second one started giving velocities ~ 200 fps higher than I expected I was looking for a replacement. The Labradar had been out for a little while so I did some reading on it and decided to bite the bullet and buy one.

I think I’ve had mine since some time in ‘16 and I love it. I set mine about 12” to the right of the rifle’s receiver so I can reach the buttons. It may use batteries faster but I’ve had best results using the “doppler” trigger mode and I figure batteries are just the cost of doing business. I haven’t had any problems aiming it; I simply point the little aiming groove on top at a point about 1/2 - 2/3 of the way between the muzzle and the target and watch that the first shots register.

I usually take several rifles and/or handguns to test and I try to remember to turn the unit off when I’m swapping rifles. I’m usually shooting for 4-5 hours and I usually go about a session and a half before it needs new batteries. That said, I’m about to order one of their battery packs.

Usually if it misses a shot it’s user error on my part because I forgot to switch to the correct velocity range (rifle or handgun).

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.