Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by slumlord
Always wanted to stab one with a pitchfork. Pick his ass up off the ground.

Dad was gardening one summer when he spooked a large momma possum with a pack of babes. He planted his pitch fork into the moms back and stuck her to the ground. Then he went into the shed and brought out his hatchet and went Halloween on her remaining kids.

I was 7 years old watching that massacre. Kewl!

Lol

🦫

Way-back flashback.....pitchfork, possum, dog.

My senior year in high school. Don't remember what happened that day but we got home after dark and I'm going to the barn to feed and put out hay. Carrying a Coleman lantern. I walk in the barn, take the top off the first 55 gallon drum that's sitting on a raised pallet, to get feed and I hear something rustling right under the barrel. I'm sure it's a possum as we're constantly at war with them. I grab the pitchfork and step back ready to harpoon that motherluver as soon as it crawls out from under the pallet....but a little pup crawls out. If I'd had a crappy little flashlight instead of the lantern it probably would have gotten the fork.

After feeding I took the dog up to the house. My sister gave it the flea/tick bath and I used a plastic sandbox shovel to clean all the ticks out of the bathtub after the bath. Dog became "THE" family dog until she died of old age.