Originally Posted by kenjs1
Rancher buddy had a cow in an enlosure that was getting harrassed by a mix one . Two teen age girls walking it with no leash. H chased it off and it mimmediately attacked a small dog of the neighbors on their porch before returning to my friend's cow which it grabbed by the nose. He couldn't knock it off so he went in and got his shotgun, backed up a good ways with the girls behind him and peppered that dog's ass. Short time later a pickup comes skidding to stop in his drive and a guy starts pointing a finger at him shouting "you shot my dog". My buddy said "you mean the one roaming free attacking my cow and neighbors pet- hell yeah I shot it. If it comes back it wont be returning". The two jockeyed around each other waiting to see who was going to throw first punch before my friends wife ran out to tell him she had called the sheriff anfd to get the "F" outta there. Guy drove off. Bit later his unhappy wife pulls up with the girls complaining they could have been hurt. Buddy explained to her had them behind him, he offered them a ride home, offered them a collar and leash and that the dog had returned and to look at the nose on his cow. She asked the girls if that was true, they nodded.
Lady sighed and said that was a bit different story than what she was led to believe. She apologized for the incident and said her husband would not be returning.

He has had new born calves get circled by dogs of various breeds that come from a trailer park not far off. Somehow some of those dogs must have,,,,run away......or something. Owners saying they missed their dogs.

My nephew had a similar experience when he was in HS. They lived in a little country subdivision where each lot was 5 to 7 acres.
Heard a commotion out back and saw his neighbors 2 Pitt bulls harassing his 4-H Show Sheep in the process.
His little brother was running to the sheep pen to try and scare the dogs off. He grabbed his Dad’s 12 ga 1100 from behind the back door and killed both of them. Neighbor’s wife saw it and screamed she was calling the Sheriff on him. He told her to go ahead.
Deputy arrived, a asked my nephew what happened.
He explained it and the Deputy said “Good shooting son”. Waved his hat to the neighbor lady and drove away. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/22/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~