As I’ve said before on here, the company I work for runs a fleet of 6.2 gassers. Our fleet manager says they’re the most trouble free trucks he’s seen in his 25 years in the mechanic shop.

They tow deckovers and bumper pulls, probably averaging around 8k. The guys who drive them every day like them due to reliability. They aren’t paying for the fuel and will all tell you that you just have to put your foot in it, ignore the tach, and let her eat. They do say they prefer the older 6 speed auto over the new 10 speed, it shifts less and is more comfortable for a guy who came up when the trans hunting was a sure sign it was going to be short lived.

I know probably half a dozen guys who’ve bought 6.2 and 7.3s for feed trucks. Every one I’ve asked about them say they can tell they aren’t a diesel, but they love the reliability and the cheaper intial price. They go better out in the pastures when it gets wet too due to the lighter front end.

And lastly Dad and I both have 6.2 3/4tons and they’ve been trouble free aside from mine attracting hail storms and deer. We don’t haul a backhoe around but they handle a 20’ gooseneck full of cattle or a 6 bale trailer fine. Unloaded mileage is about 15 and loaded 9-11.