I should have. From your posts, I think we share an addiction--.22 handguns and could have had some great discussions. There is nothing I would rather own or shoot than a good .22 handgun.

Though, it was a tough trip and you wouldn't have wanted to be exposed to me that weekend. We moved my daughter from Lubbock to Boulder. We left Central Texas Friday morning and headed to Lubbock and then loaded and to Lamar. Saturday was Lamar to Boulder and unloaded and assembled furniture and then to Amarillo. Got up Sunday and drove home. Along the way, I discovered I was sneezing and coughing the whole time because I had one them viruses the Chinese supposedly invented.

To make all this semi-applicable to the thread, I cleaned the manure out of our 16' foot Big Bend gooseneck to haul her stuff to Colorado. I would guess loaded we were running 10-12k trailer weight and got 17 MPG between Dumas and Lamar and 15.5 MPG from Lamar to Boulder with my 2022 F250 6.7 Powerstroke. The rest of the trip was around 14 MPG. Diesels definitely have their drawbacks, but I feel I get as good or better MPG loaded than most people report with gas 3/4 tons empty. And with the 6.7s torque, I have to be careful not to forget I'm towing a trailer because it's not that noticeable.

Last edited by DesertMuleDeer; 07/30/22.