Originally Posted by VaHunter
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by crc1514
I got an email from Ford today about the updated 2023 super duties. It looks like they dropped the 6.2 and replaced it with a 6.8, but still have the 7.3. There were no hp or torque specs listed. Doesn’t make much sense to me, but what the hell do I know.

In the roll out video for SD's they mentioned a new intake manifold and tuning for a power boost but no numbers.
Figures, I would finally pull the trigger on a 22 and it gets a power upgrade in 23. If the 6.8 numbers match the current 7.3 power numbers and is the standard motor then that would seem to be a good deal.
There are a lot of creature comfort upgrades and the electronics seem to be getting better or more complicated. I keep my trucks for a long time so this is a concern in the back of my mind.

I read somewhere that the new Ford 6.8 will be the exact same motor as the 7.3 but with a shorter stroke. Well a shorter stroke means a higher reving motor that makes its power, both torque and HP, higher in the RPM range and usually means less torque and more horsepower. My thinking is the 6.8 engine will be marketed to those who want high performance and may only tow lighter loads like a boat, but not needing the low end torque of the 7.3 for towing heavy loads.
7.3 already has a 6k redline. The 6.8 will make less ho and tq than the newer version 7.3, guaranteed. Looks like a good replacement for the 6.2, which was a good motor, but made poor low end power.