Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
We moved my daughter from Lubbock to Boulder.

My condolences to your daughter. I couldn't imagine living in Boulder, I just wouldn't mix well with the majority of the people up there. I'm sure she had a good reason to move there, lets hope she finds a better one to leave soon.

I currently live 35 miles West of Lamar, and grew up 45 miles Southeast of Limon. Colorado has sure forgotten about anyone that doesn't live on the front range or a ski town. I miss the old days when basically three counties didn't decide the fate if Colorado.

I spent the better part of a year in the Slaton/Lubbock area for work. Considered moving to Slaton, but we couldn't sell our house in Colorado Springs in 2012, and by 2014 I had promoted at work to a job that has me tied down in Southeastern Colorado for a few more years. Looking at Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas for retirement.

She's there for grad school.

I'm probably related in some way or another to 25% of the people in Slaton! Maybe an exaggeration, but not by much.

Sorry to hear what has happened to the politics of your state. Eastern CO reminds me of the towns I grew up around in the TX Panhandle when they had water to grow corn.

Last edited by DesertMuleDeer; 08/01/22.